DCAN500 - CAN over Powerline Communication
The DCAN500 transfers CAN messages over noisy DC Power Line at bit rates up to 500Kbps eliminating the traditional CAN twisted pair data wires, saves weight and simplifies installation.
The DCAN500 operates as a new CAN physical layer transceiver over DC powerline for network communication between ECUs.
The DCAN500 operates as a new CAN physical layer over DC powerline using the DC-BUSÔ technology for operation in hostile impulse noise environment. The DCAN500 operates at user selectable carrier frequencies between 13MHz and 30MHz at bitrates up-to 500 kbit/s. The device receives and transmits CAN 2.0A/B protocol messages, performing arbitration over the powerline based on the identifier's LSB 11 bits. The data is error protected; QPSK modulated with low voltage narrow band carrier.
The DCAN500 implemented in small silicon area CMOS process allowing integration with other customer’s CMOS IP such as micro-controllers. The DCAN500 couples to the DC line via capacitor; eliminating the need for high voltage process used by ordinary CAN transceivers.
• CAN A/B communication over DC powerline
• Bit rates of up to 500Kbps
• Selection between 170 carriers
• Built-in modem, and error protection
• Multiplex CSMA/CA arbitration mechanism
• Sleep mode for low power consumption
• Eliminates complex harness
• Reduces weight and installation time
• Robust to power line noises
• Increase reliability
• Allows flexible network designs
• Low cost CMOS Implementation