SIG 60 Power Line Communication
The SIG60 is a second generation transceiver for digital communication over DC and AC powerlines. It allows the use of existing powerline for both power and communication at speeds up to 115.2Kbps, eliminating the need for special wires to carry the control and data. The SIG60 uses a unique multiplex digital signaling technology that overcomes the powerline's noisy environment. A small footprint integrates most of the external components needed for its operation. A sleep mode puts the device in a power saving mode while it is still capable of sensing the bus for remote wakeup messages from other devices. The commuication over powerlines reduces harness and connector size, increases reliability, saves node costs and increases the network throughput.
See Data sheet at http://www.yamar.com/sig60.php
- Robust UART / LIN communication over the power lines.
- Seven working frequencies.
- UART bit rates betweeen 9.6 Kbps to 115.2 Kbps.
- Can be 5 times faster than LIN network.
- Operates as Master or Slave in a network.
- Multiples networks may operate over the same line.
- Eliminates the need for UART / LIN
- Sleep Mode for low power consumption.
- Small size 28 pin QFN packge (SIG60)
- Smart slave with 8 Inputs, 8 outputs and 4 Id (SIG61)